This 12-Weeks Summer Program brings to you the unique theme of 'Harry Potter in Malgudi Days', for girls & boys of ages 4 to 12 years. It is an unique approach, offering not just a fun, energetic dance experience for the kids, but also a diverse learning about dance theater, scripts, costumes, props, etc. Malgudi Days is a collection of short stories (later adopted as a TV series) by the eminent Indian author R.K. Narayan, narrating stories of innocence set in the simpler times. The focus of the story will be around an interesting fusion of the popular Harry Potter set in the backdrop of the magical Indian village of Malgudi.
BATCH EVENT: Final Stage Performance by the Participants at DVaKriti 2018 - 3rd Annual Students & Ensemble Dance Showcase on 11th Aug'18 at the prestigious Buckman Performing Arts Center, Memphis
Classes Held @ 3315 Hacks Cross Rd., Memphis 38125
Fee Structure for New Students:
$200 All Inclusive | 12 Weekly Classes @ Sundays | Incl. Class Fees, Costume Rental, Props + 2 Tickets
$175 All Inclusive | 12 Weekly Classes @ Sundays | Incl. Class Fees, Costume Rental, Props (No Tickets)
$160 Classes Only | 12 Weekly Classes @ Sundays | Incl. Class Fees (No Performance or Tickets)
** There will be an additional $30 refundable deposit for costumes & props, to be refunded upon return by due date
- Walkthrough the Script, Storyline and Characters
- Bollywood Inspired Dance Choreography with Different Styles (Bollywood, Classical, HipHop, Freestyle, etc.)
- Introduction to Indian Dance Styles with Theater, Expressions, Prop Making, Costumes, etc.
- Yoga Warm Up & Cool Down Routines
- Practice Videos Shared for Later Use
- All Dialogues will be Pre-Recorded Along with the Bollywood Sound Tracks
- Final Performance at the DVaKriti 2018 Annual Show on 11th August
- Fee includes Registration, 12 Classes, Additional Rehearsals, Costume Rentals, Props Expenses
- Tickets Bought Separately will be $20 (Adults), $10 (Kids), Under 5 yrs FREE
Take-Away from the Program:
- Learn Indian Dance Choreographies with Peppy Bollywood Music (appropriate for kids)
- Perform at DVaKriti 2018, Annual Dance Recital @ Buckman Performing Arts Center
- Learn Teamwork and Compassion, While Making New Friends
- Get Introduced to Basic Yoga for Flexibility, Dance, Acting and Drama
- Gain Confidence and Learn to Help Each Other while Performing on Stage
- Feel Like a Star with a Photo-Shoot!